Tuesday, December 1, 2009

1. A False Beginning


This is the beginning, of what, we shall see. Will it end up another pile of parts, nuts and bolts rolling around in the bottom of a plastic storage box?
After waiting 20 plus years for my "new" dirt bike I was finally able to lay my hands upon one. It is quite certainly not the most beautiful, or the biggest, 125cc's to be specific. It is not the newest, in fact the last time I rode a dirt bike, this one was rolling off the assembly line in Japan.
So why a 1989 KX 125? The answers are quite simple, no deep inner allegiance to the brand, I've had Hondas, Yamahas, Suzukis. No KX lust from my teenage years of Motocross infatuation. The simple answer is...The Right Price and it runs, yes, it runs.
I must admit it is a bit rough, but I see a beauty hidden underneath the hideous spray bombed plastic, the years of neglect and hard rides, the forgotten bearings.




No comments: